What are the requirements for admission to the degree program?
The FES program is designed as the junior and senior course work of a four-year degree. Transfer requirements include:
- An Associate of Arts degree from a Florida public community or state college, or 60 transferable credits from a regionally accredited college or university (may require additional coursework to satisfy general education course requirements).
- Meet foreign language proficiency with either 2 years of high school foreign language, or 8 -10 college credits (same language).
- Have a minimum 2.3 cumulative GPA.
We recommend contacting the FES Advisor to review your qualifications prior to submitting an application, 352-273-1063 or FESUndergraduate@dcp.ufl.edu
What if I want to take a few courses, but am not ready to pursue a degree?
If you have not completed the requirements for admission to the degree program, or have short term or career advancement goals, or a need for quickly attainable specialty education, you can take courses to earn a certificate in FES Management, EMS Management, or Emergency Management as a certificate student.
We recommend contacting the FES Advisor to review your qualifications prior to submitting an application.
How and when do I apply?
- For the bachelor’s degree program: complete a TRANSFER/READMISSION application. You will need to pay the application fee and have an official transcript(s) sent to the Office of Admissions. The deadline to apply for Summer A/C semester is March 1; Fall is June 1; Spring is September 15. Contact the Office of Admissions if you have any questions about your application or submitting your transcripts, 352-392-1365.
- For the certificate student: choose the CERTIFICATE application. You will need to pay the application fee and have an official transcript(s) sent to the Office of Admissions.