- Construction Management Master’s Program Handbook (PDF)
- Combination Degrees
- Sustainable Construction Major
Two degrees are offered. A Master of Science in Construction Management for those who write a thesis and a Master of Construction Management for those who do not write a thesis. A major in Sustainable Construction is also available.
The Construction Management master’s programs consider students for admission who have bachelor’s degrees from accredited colleges or universities and upper-division grade point averages of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. MSCM applicants also need a combined minimum Graduate Record Examination (GRE) of 300 with at least a 140 on the Verbal section of the exam. MCM applicants are not required to provide GRE scores. Applicants also need three letters of recommendation, one of which may come from an employer. It is recommended that applicants also submit a resume.
International students whose native language is not English must also submit satisfactory scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). The minimum acceptable score on the TOEFL is 84 for the Internet-based exam and 560 for the paper-based one. A minimum of 21 on each section of the Internet-Based TOEFL is required. On the academic IELTS exam, all sections must have a score of at least 6.5 with a minimum of a 6.5 overall score. Alternatively, students may successfully complete the University of Florida’s English Language Institute program.
Note that admissions are competitive and we evaluate applications holistically. Meeting our minimum standards does not guarantee acceptance into our program.
The deadline for Fall Term is February 15th. The deadline is the same for both domestic and international students. All admissions documents are required to be submitted by the deadline.
- Applicants must apply online. The online application is available on the UF Office of Admissions’ website.
- A statement of purpose, resume, and unofficial transcripts are to be uploaded to the online application. Applicants must upload legible copies of their transcripts and bachelor’s degree certificates to the online application. Only accepted students need to provide official copies of their transcripts and bachelor’s degree certificates.
- The online application is also where applicants list the email addresses of their references. The references will upload their letters of recommendation directly to the online application.
- Test scores should be sent directly to Admissions from the agencies who administer the exams. The UF school code is 5812.
Curriculum, Prerequisites, and Leveling Courses
Please see the page-5 of the master’s handbook (PDF) for a complete list of courses and prerequisites. Not every student will need all of the prerequisites/leveling courses. Those students from Civil Engineering, Architecture, Building Construction, and Construction Management programs will be able to waive many of the prerequisites. The prerequisites may be taken as leveling courses once a student has been accepted to the master’s program. Waiving of prerequisites is done via exams just prior to a student matriculating into the master’s degree program.
Our Construction Management degrees are STEM
Both the MCM and MSCM degrees, along with the Sustainable Construction major, are classified as involving science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) by the United States Department of Education.