GBLC | Purpose
The Green Building Learning Collaborative (GBLC) serves a dynamic purpose within the SBE Program.
To create a learning collaborative for students, faculty and industry to foster sustainability leadership and stewardship through participation in applied projects that address sustainability through the planning and design of green buildings.
To add to the preeminence of our sustainability and the built environment program by providing students with the opportunity to gain marketable skills and knowledge through hands-on projects focused on green buildings.
1. Provide students active learning opportunities on applied sustainability projects.
2. Allow for student mentoring by green building industry partners.
3. Develop marketable skills through hands-on experience for the green job market.
4. Promote leadership in sustainability and the built environment.
5. Provide expert services to diverse clients.
An Industry Advisory Board will direct and participate in the GBLC. An annual report on the activities of the GBLC will be shared with its Industry Advisory Board and the Sustainability and the Built Environment Governing Board.
Students will participate in the GBLC and may do so either as OPS employees or by registering for course credit.
For feedback and questions, email Bahar Armaghani.