The Value of Teamwork - Published on July 12, 2018
Alumni Profile – Carly Jacobson, Interior Design
Carly Jacobson, BDES 2008, learned the value of teamwork and accentuating the best traits of your team while at DCP.
Can you tell us about your career?
- Graduated from DCP in 2008 and began my career at TPG Architecture in NYC.
- I specialized in workplace design with a focus on TAMI projects (tech, advertising, media and information) until 2018.
- Noteworthy projects: Spotify NYC & LA offices, Stuart Weitzman Showroom, MullenLowe, Updater, IEX (a new stock exchange).
- I have always had a passion for furniture and its ability to transform a space through a celebration of form providing function. I recently took a new opportunity with furniture company Walter-K (https://www.walter-k.com/) as a brand ambassador/area manager for the U.S. and Canada. I’m tasked with building the brand in North America. The furniture is handcrafted in Germany using the highest quality materials.
What was your favorite class you took at DCP and why?
- Second Year Fall Architecture Design 3 Studio. We watched Alfred Hitchcock’s “Rear Window” and created a plexi plate-massing project out of our interpretation of the film.
Who was your favorite professor at DCP and why?
- Mike Compton, my final senior year studio professor. His first speech to our class was about the team dynamic in design – that each member has strengths and weaknesses. The most successful teams identify those points immediately and capitalize on each other’s strengths. That has stuck with me through my career.