The 2020 Fall Semester will look unlike any other. We know you have questions so we have included the most commonly asked ones below.
If you have more specific questions that are not answered on this page, please reach out to the person in charge of your class or program.
For more general questions regarding how the university is handling the fall semester, please visit their FAQ page.
Yes, classes in the College of Design, Construction and Planning will be online this fall. In an effort to provide a safer community for our students, faculty and staff, it has been determined by the University of Florida and the Board of Governors that certain class sections will be delivered in an online format for the Fall 2020 semester. This allows our campus to be in compliance with the health guidelines provided by the CDC, Alachua County and UF Health.
While a COVID-19 test was not required for you to return to campus, all students are required to complete the UF Health Screen, Test & Protect COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire. To reduce the spread of COVID-19, we are requiring all students, including anyone who has remained on campus over the past few months, to complete the screening questionnaire. Screening is fast and begins with answering some simple questions. You should have received an email from UF that included information about the screening process. Students were encouraged to receive a COVID-19 test through the screening program to help protect the UF community.
Programs will still be available through an online format.
· Advising will be virtual for at least the fall semester. Students can email their advisor directly or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a Zoom meeting.
· For the Fab Lab, students and faculty can email files to be fabricated using any of the lab’s available technologies. The lab will pack and ship any fabricated items to the student or faculty member via FedEx. Students and faculty members that wish to purchase materials can either visit the lab or send an email request. The lab can ship these items to their home or offer curbside pickup. Contact email@example.com for more details.
· The computer labs in ARC 116/118/120 will be open M-Th 8am-10pm and F 8am-5pm but the capacity is limited to 26 to keep the required physical distancing. The CSE learning spaces will also be open, as well as the computer labs in the Marston Science Library, which will have late/weekend hours (https://labs.at.ufl.edu/fall-2020/).
· To enter the administrative wing offices, individuals need to make an appointment and must be accompanied by the individual who arranged the appointment. That person is then responsible for their exit.
· DCP Atrium should not be used to host any events without approval from Abdol Chini (Associate Dean for Undergraduate Education and Facilities). Send requests to Liz Hauck (firstname.lastname@example.org). It will be accessible but wearing masks or keeping the minimum 6 feet physical distancing is required.
· Bathrooms in the building will be open with occupancy limits. Wearing masks and keeping the minimum 6 feet physical distancing are required.
· Classrooms, conference rooms, and DCP gallery will remain closed. If these spaces are needed for face-to-face instruction or other uses, occupancy limits and minimum 6 feet physical distancing must be enforced. Contact Liz Hauck (email@example.com) for use of these spaces.
· Studios in the south side of the building will be closed until January 5, 2021 for construction operations.
· Studios on the north side of the building will be used by the SoA graduate students during the Fall 2020 semester. Codes to access these studios have been changed and will be provided to the graduate students by the SoA. Physical distancing in line with revised room capacities will be required.
· DCP Research Hub (ARC 160) will be open for use by DCP graduate students. The chairs in the room have been spaced to follow the minimum 6 feet physical distancing and should not be moved from marked spaces. Access to the ground floor is limited to the door near the elevator and the code to access this door has been changed. Please contact Liz Hauck (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the code.
· DCP will not offer a physical tour of its facilities during the Fall 2020 semester but will provide the interested parties a virtual tour through the DCP website.
· Masks must be worn by all entering the building.
· Exterior doors will be marked as ENTRY or EXIT for occupants to follow.
· Occupants must follow the directional arrows as indicated on the floors to help ensure 6 feet separation of ALL occupants.
· Accessing upper levels:
o The maximum capacity of the elevator is 2 persons. To limit over-crowding in the elevator areas, the elevator should only be used by persons who have difficulty in utilizing the stairs.
o Stairwells will be marked for use in one direction – UP or DOWN as indicated on the signs posted at stairwell doorways.
§ North Stairs next to elevator are for use in the UP direction
§ South stairs are for use in the UP direction
§ Center stairs are for DOWN direction
· All common areas are locked (kitchen, student lounge, conference rooms). Any utilization must limit the number of persons to maintain proper social distancing.
o Kitchen occupancy should be limited to one person at a time.
o Break room area should be limited to one person at a time.
o Student Lounge will have limited capacity posted on main door. We will be forced to close all access to the lounge if occupancy levels exceed the capacity.
o Conference Rooms will have maximum capacities posted on each entry door. Conference Room utilization must be scheduled in advance through contacting Lyndsey Diehlman (email@example.com).
o Main Lobby entrance chairs have been removed to limit occupancy and comply with social distancing– please do not congregate in any common areas.
· All bathrooms will have limited capacity as indicated on the doors. A method of monitoring utilization is under development.
· Classrooms will follow physical distance guidelines – the Rinker Classrooms have the maximum capacities indicated on all entry doors.
· Please contact David Nunez (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
· The DCP spaces in FAC building will follow the policies of the College of the Arts. Please contact Annemarie Furlong (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
Information regarding Spring 2021 will be released at a later date.