• Ph.D. in Landscape Architecture & Urban Planning, Texas A&M University, 2014
• Master of Landscape Architecture and Environmental Planning, Utah State University, 2007
• Bachelor of Architecture & Urban Planning, Huazhong University of Science & Technology, 2002
Areas of Focus:
Sustainability (Built Environment Resilience, Renewable Energy, Smart Buildings/Cities, Sustainable Architecture and Design, Sustainable Construction)
My research has been focusing on landscape performance evaluation, which quantifies the post-performance of sustainable landscape projects (range from individual residential property to urban plaza, and city and regional scale), and shows the value of sustainable design practices.
Yi Luo, PhD, PLA is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Landscape Architecture at the University of Florida. Prior to joining the University of Florida, Yi taught at Texas Tech University and Texas A&M University. Yi received her Bachelor of Architecture from Huazhong University of Science and Technology in China, Master of Landscape Architecture from Utah State University, and PhD in Urban and Regional Science from Texas A&M University. Her areas of interest are landscape performance evaluation, sustainability assessment, performance evaluation metrics and methods, therapeutic landscapes, and stormwater management and low impact development. Yi’s research has been funded by various agencies, such as the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Landscape Architecture Foundation, and Jessie Ball DuPont.
Before pursuing her PhD at Texas A&M University, Yi practiced landscape architecture and architecture in multidisciplinary firms in the United States and China with efforts to promote green building and sustainable development. She is a licensed landscape architect (Utah).
Yi advises Ph.D. and Master students and teaches a wide range of studio and lecture courses:
- Site Design and Planning (Studio)
- Landscape Construction (Studio)
- Capstone Project (Studio)
- Research Methods
- Advanced Landscape Architecture (Studio)
- Collaboration Studio (Studio)
- History of Landscape Architecture
- Graduate and Undergraduate Seminars