Website Rabren General Contractors
Job Title: Project Management Intern Area: Field Operations & Project Management
Job Reports To (Title): Superintendent/Project Manager
Location: Location of Project
Purpose/Description of the Job:
The Project Management Intern is responsible for working together with both RGC’s Project Management and Field Operations Teams and in accordance with RGC’s Best Practices. This position will help facilitate project documentation and material delivery requirements, assist in the coordination and scheduling of multiple construction teams, and ensure effective communication and progress through the administration and coordination of the project. The Project Management Intern will also assist in the inspection of work and equipment to verify safety and ensure project specifications are met while working in a highly collaborative manner with internal and external members of the Project Team.
Best Practices & Relationships:
· Assist in the set up and maintenance of construction project management, including scheduling, planning and budgeting prior to and throughout the designated project
· Assist the Project Manager and/or Sr. Project Manager in the coordination necessary to ensure proper and timely delivery of drawings and submittals, construction materials, change orders and pricing-related approvals while achieving project revenue goals
· Engage in the review of subcontractor and supplier invoices & change order pricing information
· Regularly meet with Subcontractors to discuss progress, challenges and assist in removing barriers to completing work
· Assist in the RFI process; make sure all drawings, submittal logs and bulletin schedules are up to date and accurate
· Work with Superintendent to determine staffing levels and timing considering building methodology as well as the availability of tools and equipment for the construction project
· Work with all jobsite employees, Engineers, Architects, Subcontractors, Inspectors, and Vendor of materials to improve construction methods
· Assist with project closeout and keeping project documentation up to date in Procore
· Assist the Superintendent and/or Sr. Superintendent to keep the project on schedule by continuously communicating with Subcontractors and Vendors
· Process submittals to achieve the project schedule and comply with contract documents
· Assist the Project Manager with weekly progress evaluation, job site monitoring and Project Manager status reports
Safety & Quality Assurance/Control:
· Support safety as number one priority on the jobsite and enforce compliance with RGC jobsite safety plan, policies and all safety-related regulations
· Meet the Quality Assurance / Quality Control requirements of the project
· Coordinate inspections and participate in the examination and inspection of work progress and equipment to verify safety and to ensure specifications are met
· Ensure that material received is properly inspected for quantity and quality, and that the receiving tickets are properly signed and coded
Daily Reports & Documentation:
· Assist the Superintendent with the creation, input, review and finalization all jobsite reporting requirements, including daily reports, field purchase orders, weekly reports and monthly updates to the construction schedule
· Assist with completing thorough Daily Logs every day in strict accordance with RGC best practices, attaching pictures and other necessary documentation in Procore or, if a project is not in Procore, in the form acceptable to VP – Field Operations
· Perform any job specific related work, as apparent or assigned
· Current student enrolled in an accredited college/university
· Proficient in Microsoft Products (Office, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
· Proven written and verbal communication skills
· Valid Driver’s License
· Continually drives for results, strives for improvement, creates trust with character and action, teams up successfully, solves complex problems and builds other people.
· Experience with construction management software (such as Procore)
· OSHA 10
· First Aid/CPR
· Communication skills in Spanish
· This position has no supervisory responsibility
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a construction job site setting
· Works significant portion of day outside on construction site
· Able to walk or stand for long periods of time
· Able to lift/move up to 50 lbs.
· Able to deal with the physical activities associated with a construction site (stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach and twist)
· Able to navigate work areas under construction
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Standard day and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours are required as the job duties demand.
Travel to other RGC job sites and to RGC offices is required.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
RGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com