Honors Requirements for Interior Design
- Required GPA; Based on average of all ARC and IND prefix coursework (see your audit)
- Cum laude (with honors) – 3.3 – 3.59 GPA (no other requirements necessary)
- Magna cum laude (with great honor) – 3.6-3.79 GPA (approved thesis required)
- Summa cum laude (with highest honors) – 3.8-4.0 GPA (approved thesis required)
The thesis project will consist of one to two representative interior design projects—submitted electronically in a PDF file, less than 20MB.
How is the honors designation determined for the DCP Graduation ceremony?
The official honors designation is completed after all grades have been finalized and degrees have been certified. This process occurs after commencement. However, for purposes of the graduation ceremony, we make the best determination of appropriate honors based on our students’ current standing. Again, it is important to remember the official honors status (along with your diploma) will be forthcoming after the graduation ceremony.
What is the process for completing the honors thesis?
- Select the project(s) that best represents your approach to design. Compress and save the file as a PDF (under 20 MB).
- The file should include the honors thesis submission form and the portfolio project.
- Review project(s) and submission forms with your advisor during your scheduled exit interview.
- Make any changes, if necessary.
- Present to the advisor for final sign-off.
- Submit the approved honors thesis to the library by completing the online form at:http://apps.uflib.ufl.edu/Honors/
Online Honors Thesis Submission Form Checklist Additional instructions can be found at: http://guides.uflib.ufl.edu/ufir/honors_theses You can view past honors projects at: http://cms.uflib.ufl.edu/etd/honors For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .