Support Gator Preservation
Historic Preservation Programs
This fund supports activities associated with the development and enhancement of the Historic Preservation Program.
Envision: 3D Heritage Documentation
Launched by the Historic Preservation Program in 2012, the University of Florida’s Envision Heritage explores how new and emerging digital technologies can be used to document, preserve, and interpret heritage sites. The research projects utilize laser scanning, photogrammetry and imaging from drones, among other technologies.
Preservation Institute St. Augustine (PISA)
This fund supports research, projects, and other student and faculty activities for documenting and preserving St. Augustine’s heritage. The fund also supports the installation and management of the PISA materials conservation laboratory.
F. Blair and Mary Nell Reeves Endowment for Historic Preservation
This fund was established in 2011 by a group of donors in honor of the late F. Blair Reeves, former Professor of Architecture and Director of Preservation Institute: Nantucket. The endowment supports travel and research expenses for faculty and students working in historic preservation.
Professor Reeves received his Bachelor of Science in Architecture from the University of Texas in 1940. He later obtained his Master of Architecture from the University of Florida in 1953. Professor Reeves passed away in 2012, and is survived by his wife, Mary Nell.
Roy Eugene Graham Fund for International Study
This fund was established in 2015 by friends of Professor Roy Graham, former Director of the Historic Preservation program (2003-2009), to provide scholarships and support for international research and travel by students and faculty.
Roy Eugene Graham devoted many years of teaching, research, and practice to help steward heritage sites ranging from Colonial Williamsburg to the Texas State Capitol. Professor Graham helped create the Master of Historic Preservation in 2008 and developed the Ph.D. historic preservation concentration. He was instrumental in the University of Florida taking management of state-owned properties in St. Augustine and helping establish Historic St. Augustine, Inc. and the Preservation Institute St. Augustine. Professor Graham passed away in 2018.
Hylton Fund for Heritage and Climate Change
This fund was established in 2021 by the Hylton Family to recognize Morris (Marty) Hylton, III, former Director of the Historic Preservation Program (2009-2021). The fund is used for faculty, staff and student engagement in areas focusing on climate and heritage.
Marty Hylton serves as the first Historic Architect for Climate Change for the National Park Service. He has worked with the University of Florida Envision Heritage research team – which he created in 2012 – to develop approaches to digitally document and assess the vulnerability of cultural resources threatened by sea level rise and flooding. This included multi-year, multi-faceted initiatives in the National Historic Landmark Districts of Nantucket, Massachusetts and St. Augustine, Florida.
Robinson Family Endowment
This fund was established in 2009 by G. W. Robinson to support teaching, research and academic programs.
A Gainesville-native, G. W. Robinson is one of Alachua County’s most respected homebuilders and the owner and Chief Operating officer of G. W. Robinson Homes. He began his career in 1955 as the owner of an independent grocery store. In 1967, aspirations and dreams of being a homebuilder came to fruition when he built his first home. From that modest beginning, his construction projects have grown considerably. Among the communities his company has designed and built are: Gainesville County Club West; Chateau Forest; Green Briar; Summit Oaks; Sterling Place; Robin Lane; Heatherwood; CobbleField, a green home community of 275 homes; and Mile Run with 544 homes. G. W. Robinson Homes is currently building high-performance homes in two new communities: Turnberry Lake and Garison Way.
William T. Bland Historic Florida Endowment Fund
This fund was established by Mary Jane Bland, the wife of William T. “Bill” Bland, in 2021 to support the students, faculty, and staff to continue documentation and preservation of the state of Florida’s historical heritage for future generations.
Bill Bland grew up in Blandford house, situated on Lake Jem in Mount Dora and now on the National Register of Historic Places. A graduate of the University of Florida, Mr. Bland studied Animal Husbandry and served in the Navy. He worked with his father in the citrus and ranching industries and served for 50 years on the board of directors of the First National Bank of Mount Dora. Mr. Bland passed away in 2016.
Preservation Institute Nantucket
Walter Beinecke, Jr. Facilities Endowment
This fund was established by The Osceola Foundation in 2021 in honor of Walter Beinecke, Jr., benefactor and co-founder of Preservation Institute Nantucket. The fund supports facility needs on the Preservation Institute Nantucket properties, current and future, including but not limited to maintenance, enhancement, and other facility needs as determined by the Director of the College’s Historic Preservation Program.
A.J. and Lynne Land Fund in Historic Preservation
This fund was established in 1997 by A. J. and Lynne Land to support the College of Design, Construction and Planning’s Preservation Institute in Nantucket, MA.
A. J. Land, founder and chairman of Pope & Land Enterprises, Inc., has played an instrumental role in the brokerage of industrial and commercial real estate. At the beginning of his career in 1960, he handled various phases of industrial and commercial real estate for Pope & Carter Company, Inc. In 1969, he became Vice President and Managing Partner of an affiliated company which evolved into Crow, Pope & Land Enterprises, Inc. Three years later, A. J. became President and Managing Partner of Crow, Pope & Land Enterprises, Inc., forming Pope & Land Enterprises, Inc. in 1979 to continue his legacy of commercial real estate development and brokerage.
Frank E. Kinsey, Jr. Excellence Fund in Historic Preservation
This fund was established by Frank E. Kinsey, Jr., in 2002 for the purpose of supporting the College of Design, Construction and Planning’s historic preservation programs in Nantucket, MA.
Kinsey was born on July 12, 1928. He earned a bachelor’s degree in 1950 and a master’s degree in 1960, both from Rutgers University. He was a librarian at the School Board of Summit New Jersey. Mr. Kinsey passed away May 19, 2006 in Stuart, FL.