DIRECTOR, M.E. Rinker, Sr. School of Construction Management College of Design, Construction and Planning
The M.E. Rinker, Sr. School of Construction Management at the University of Florida (UF) invites applicants for the full-time position of Director. The Director reports to the Dean of the College of Design, Construction and Planning (DCP). The position is a 12-month appointment, will start on July 1, 2020, and will be filled at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor (preferred).
The Rinker School is one of the oldest academic units on the University of Florida campus. Located within the College of Design, Construction and Planning, the Rinker School was established in 1935, making it the first building construction program in the U.S. and, in 1975, the first to receive accreditation from the American Council for Construction Education (ACCE). The Rinker School has a long history of excellence in education and research, and strong bonds with its alumni. The Director will have the opportunity to oversee curriculum design, facility planning and program implementation to ensure the continued success of the School.
Responsibilities: The Director is responsible for leading a growing group of 23 faculty, an undergraduate program of 400 students, a graduate program offering both Masters and Doctorate degrees, and three well-established research centers. The Director is expected to establish a long-term vision for the School, as well as seek out new opportunities for outreach and impact at the state, national and international levels. The Director is responsible for making sound administrative, budgetary and personnel decisions within the School. The Director mentors and evaluates faculty and staff, as well as facilitates a collegial and productive work environment. The Director works directly with the School’s Industry Advisory Board to build and sustain ongoing relationships with alumni and the professional construction community. The Director participates in fundraising efforts, in coordination with the College of Design, Construction and Planning and the University of Florida Foundation, to grow and manage the School’s substantial endowment.
• An earned doctorate in construction management, construction engineering, civil engineering, architectural engineering or closely related discipline, and a record commensurate of appointment as a tenured Associate Professor or Professor at UF;
• Recognition in scholarship, education and professional service in the field of construction management;
• Demonstrated success in obtaining funding for scholarly research, growing industry partnerships, and other forms of revenue generation;
• Commitment to excellence in undergraduate and graduate education;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in both academic and professional settings;
• Commitment to enhancing the diversity, equity, and inclusion of the faculty, students, and staff;
• Five years of experience in a supervisory role in construction contract administration or construction project management.
How to Apply: All applicants should apply at https://jobs.ufl.edu using requisition number 52698. Application packages must include the following: (1) cover letter, (2) curriculum vitae, (3) a statement of leadership philosophy and administrative vision for the School, (4) a statement of research interests, (5) a statement of teaching philosophy, and (6) the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references (including one reference from industry). Review of applications will begin November 4, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.
The University of Florida is a #7 rank public research university dedicated to excellence, equal opportunities, diversity, and inclusivity. The selection process will be conducted in accord with the provisions of Florida’s ‘Government in the Sunshine’ and Public Records Laws. Persons with disabilities have the right to request and receive reasonable accommodation. Further information is available at http://www.dcp.ufl.edu. We highly encourage applications from women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Questions about the position may be directed to Tina Gurucharri (Chair of the Search Committee): firstname.lastname@example.org or (352) 294-1494.