Post Professional Master’s Program Admissions
Please note that the Post Professional Master’s Program begins in August.
• Students must have an undergraduate degree in landscape architecture
• GRE score must be at least 297 (new) or 1000 (old)
• Minimum acceptable undergraduate GPA is 3.0
• Those who speak English as a second language should consult the University’s English Proficiency Requirements
Applying to the Post Professional Master’s program involves both the Department of Landscape Architecture and the University of Florida Graduate School. Please see the bulleted lists below for the Department’s and the Graduate School’s application requirements. Although a personal interview is not required for admission, we encourage applicants to visit and meet faculty, staff and students. If you plan to visit, please contact Dan Manley at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a meeting and a tour of our facilities. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis but applications should be finalized by February 1. Applications received after February 1 will be reviewed at the Department’s discretion.
There are two ways you can apply for graduate studies at the University of Florida: online or by mail (do not do both). Applicants are strongly encouraged to use the online system (see link to online application below). Instructions for each of these options can be found on the UF Graduate School Website.
What You Send to the UF Department of Landscape Architecture
• A copy of your completed application form (Online applications are strongly preferred)
• Letter of Introduction and Intent*
• Three recommendation letters
• Copy of test scores (GMAT, GRE, TOEFL, TSE)
• Copies of transcripts from all previous colleges
• A landscape architecture portfolio (digital format preferred)
• Fellowship/assistantship application, if applicable
* This letter should describe the student’s background and interest in studying landscape architecture.
• Required Portfolio: Post Professional program applicants are required to send a portfolio of landscape architecture and other creative works. Digital format is preferred (please either forward a CD/DVD to the Program Assistant or email a url link to a web-based portfolio hosting service such as www.issuu.com). Only provide examples that are the sole work of the applicant (no group projects unless the work is CLEARLY identified as part of a team effort and the applicant’s precise role with the project is detailed).
What You Send to the UF Office of Admissions
• Application form (online or hardcopy version)
• Application fee payment
• Official test scores (GMAT, GRE, TOEFL, TSE)
• Official transcripts from all previous colleges*
• Florida residency affidavit (part of the application form)
• Conduct declaration (part of the application form)
* If your transcripts are not written in English, also send official English translations of them along with the originals.
For more information about the admissions process, visit UF’s Office of Admissions.
International Student Requirements
If you are a non-US applicant, please visit the Office of Admissions’ Prospective International Student Site. Be sure to send your Certificate of Financial Responsibility to the UF International Center.
Refer to the Department’s Laptop Computer Requirements
UF Graduate School’s Estimated Annual Budget
UF Graduate School’s Financial Aid Page
Academic Common Market (for out-of-state students)
Graduate School Homepage
Department of Landscape Architecture’s Graduate Student Handbook
UF Graduate Program Online Application
Application Form for US Citizens and Permanent Residents
Application Form for Non-US Applicants
Certificate of Financial Responsibility
Recommendation Letter Form
Fellowship/Assistantship Application Form
For additional information or assistance, please contact:
Debbie Rhoden, Program Assistant
School of Landscape Architecture & Planning
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL 32611-5706
Dan Manley, Graduate Coordinator