Website WINDSTAR HOMES
PASSION, PRECISION, PERFECTION
Windstar Homes is a luxury residential design-build firm operating throughout the West Coast of Florida for 25 years. Prestigious projects with 90+ design awards, ranging from $2M to $10M +.
Seeking a Construction Manager to provide project oversight of all day-to-day field operations. This position is based out of our office in Tampa, FL and reports to the Operations Manager. Projects may be located throughout the West Coast of Florida.
- Provide overall site management, coordination, and planning of subcontractors.
- Collaborative, team approach. Must be able to work with various creative designers, architects, purchasing operations, and vendors.
- Problem-solving for construction-related details, streamlining of construction methods, new product applications, and general code compliance.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Manage and schedule subcontractors and vendors; ensure safety, code compliance, contract compliance. Owns project momentum.
- Provide weekly schedule updates to client and team. Accurately predict look ahead milestones.
- Establish quality expectations commensurate with award-winning luxury homes at all phases of construction.
- May oversee multiple project sites within a geographic area.
- Identify and resolve problems and conflicts, organize meetings, and work with various parties.
- Assist designers with developing construction plans. Provide critical review of current design standards to identify value engineering and design enhancement opportunities.
- Ensure accuracy of construction plans with regards to the contract specifications.
- Participate in collaborative QC process; incorporate redline markup drawings.
- Participate in scope review and development; ensure client contract scope is fully captured at buyout.
- Collaboratively develop details and elevations with designers & purchasing operations.
- Integrate vendor design drawings as needed.
- Liaise with client during the build phase; orchestrate client site meetings with designers and vendors.
- Control the project budget and maintain profitability.
- Collaborate with clients and designers to review and approve shop drawings, submittals, samples, etc.
- Review and approve subcontractor and vendor pay applications.
- Assist purchasing with scope changes post-contract.
- Able to effectively communicate with various communication styles; possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; provide positive, concise, constructive, transparent, and purposeful communications.
- Coordinate with external engineers, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, and other design consultants during the design and construction phase of the project.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Dexterity to prioritize and manage tasks against deadlines.
- Motivated self-starter, takes initiative, applies strong work ethic.
- Ability to read and comprehend construction documents.
- Proficient with MS Office suite, scheduling platforms, and project management platforms; Procore experience preferred.
- Experience with construction, engineering, or architectural firm.
- 2-15 years custom residential construction (preferred).
- Educational background focused on Construction, Architecture, or Engineering preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org