K B Lye and Associates
Landscape Architect – Orlando, Florida
Our Client is seeking a highly motivated, passionate and entrepreneurial Landscape Architect to help expand our creative and design-driven studio in Orlando FL. As a Project Manager you will join our leadership team in driving the design of our high-profile projects as well as pursuing new clients across the private and public sectors.
In this position, you will be part of an integrated team assisting with the completion of design, planning and construction administration services for a variety of landscape architectural projects in Florida and other parts of the US. As a member of the team, you will be engaged in a collaborative and supportive work structure within a unique architectural environment located in a great neighborhood. The company offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
· Design and manage tasks for multiple, complex projects
· Prepare construction drawings, contracts, tenders and contract administration documents
· Produce and deliver a variety of project types and phases
· Participate in internal and external project meetings
· Train, mentor, and delegate to less experience staff
· Interact with clients, approval agencies, and other consultants
· Prepare cost estimates and project specifications
· Graphic and technical production
· 4-10 years of professional experience in field of landscape architecture
· BLA, BSLA or MLA degree
· Florida RLA preferred
· Highly design oriented with a good understanding of design process
· An interest in both visioning and technical aspects of design
· Analytic and problem-solving skills
· Strong organizational and task management skills
· Team player with the desire to engage with colleagues and build office culture
· Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work independently or as a part of a team on multiple projects with aggressive delivery schedules
· Ability to prepare high-quality design work and design presentations using hand graphics and relevant computer software (AutoCAD, SketchUp, Lumion, Photoshop, InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite) BIM / Revit not required but experience considered an asset.
· Previous experience working with local towns/cities/counties and with private developers considered an asset.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org