The difference is inside the Bachelor’s of Interior Design
This program prepares students for careers in MANY areas. According to the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID), “Designers work in a wide range of settings, both commercial and residential. Surveys indicate that a majority of designers practice at least part of the time in both the residential and commercial areas, although they tend to favor one or the other.
Again according to ASID “As members of a service profession, interior designers’ fortunes depend on their ability to satisfy clients. Thus, they must possess three important skill sets- artistic and technical skills, interpersonal skills and management skills”.
Follow this link to see if Interior Design is for you and for more info and an occupational outlook.
For more information about your academic course path see: Critical Tracking Course Path
All undergraduate Interior Design students all must go through selective admissions into the upper division while enrolled in IND 2214 (spring semester second year). Selective Admissions-2015
@UF-ID The difference is inside you when you have the skills for SUCCESS
Skills & abilities
As UF students we help equip students with the ability to:
- know how to research, conceive, plan and draw (with multiple views) any space
- render a view so that it can be easily conveyed to others
- investigate materials and products needed to bring your design into fruition with sustainable and human-centered considerations
- understand the constraints of the plan and space including, health and safety issues, building codes, and other technical aspects.
- clearly and effectively communicate with all stakeholders in a project
- display strong team leadership as well as be a strong team player
- negotiate and problem solve within design projects and design teams
- achieve excellent time and project management skills that are built up within the studio culture and aids the ability to work on more than one project at a time with demanding deadlines, as occurs in the field