Historic Preservation Program

Hadwen House

Whale and silver merchant William Hadwen and his wife Eunice constructed the house at 96 Main Street ca.1845. One of the island’s best examples of the Greek Revival style, the Hadwen House was donated to the Nantucket Historical Association by Jean Salter Williams in 1965. The Hadwen House, for nearly six decades, has been used to help interpret the storied whaling period of Nantucket.

hadwen-house

The exterior and interior of the historic residence and the garden were laser scanned and digitally documented in July 2015.

Video Animation

Street Elevation