Launched by the Historic Preservation Program in 2012, the University of Florida’s Envision Heritage explores how new and emerging technologies can be used to document, preserve, and interpret heritage sites. The initial research projects of Envision Heritage utilize a 3D laser scanner to quickly and accurately record the physical design and conditions of historic buildings and sites. Envision Nantucket is a special initiative to digitally document and preserve the island’s architecture and natural resources.
Envision Heritage 3D laser scanning projects include:
- Bowne House, New York City, USA
- Devil’s Millhopper State Park, Gainesville, Florida, USA
- Ellis Island, New York City, USA
- Flager College (former Ponce de Leon Hotel), St. Augustine, Florida, USA
- Glen Mary Plantation, Sparta, Georgia, USA
- Ishtar Gate, Babylon, Iraq
- Koreshan State Park, Estero, Florida, USA
- MiMo (Miami Marine Stadium and former Bacardi Headquarters), Miami, USA
- Pyu Ancient Cities, Pyu, Myanmar
- Shwe-nandaw Kyaung, Mandalay, Myanmar
- Steinway Hall, New York City, USA
- Wat Chaiwatthanaram, Ayuthaya, Thailand
To view video animations of projects, visit our YouTube channel.