Master of Science, Interior Design, University of Kentucky, Lexington
Bachelor of Science, Interior Design, Radford University, Virginia
IND 1020 Design Innovation
IND 2313 Interior Design Communication Systems
IND 2460C Computer Applications in Three Dimensional Design
IND 3216 Architectural Interiors II
IND 4450C Advanced Interior Design Detailing
IND 4930 Issues in Creativity
Jason Meneely is an Associate Professor in the Department of Interior Design at the University of Florida. He joined the department in 2006 from Cornell University where he worked as a researcher in the Department of Design and Environmental Analysis. Meneely’s research examines strategies for maximizing creativity, human potential, and social engagement through the design of the built environment. He also examines values-driven approaches to technology that support human-centered design processes.
In 2019 Meneely received a national Award for Excellence from the Council of Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA) for developing innovative approaches that leveraged virtual-reality headsets to support inclusive design decisions for people with disabilities. He also received the 2012 Innovation in Education Award from CIDA and was recently honored with a UF Term Professorship (2018-2021). He and his collaborators have received a national Research Excellence Award from the Environmental Design Research Association (2018) and Best Presentation awards at the UB Tech (2013), and the Interior Design Educators Council (2004 and 2002) annual conferences. His research has been published in the Creativity Research Journal and the Journal of Interior Design.
- The application of Virtual Reality to human-centered design issues
- Design strategies for enhancing creative performance in individuals, teams, and organizations.
- Using technology to support creative problem solving
- Design thinking and pedagogy
- Upper-Division Interior Design Studios (including education, corporate, retail, and hospitality markets).
- Graduate Seminar in Creativity Research
- Digital Design Communication Methods